- Eliminate Bird Feeders- They love the food dropping on the ground.
- Pick up all the fallen fruit from the fruit trees. Shake off the all the remaining fruit off the tree and discard it.
- Feed pets inside home at set times and put away food and water in sealed containers. Pet food has Vitamin K which will heal rodents after they eat the bait. Rodents will hoard pet food. They collect it and store food for a long unwelcome stay.
- Store any other food storage items in sealed containers.
- Seal/Plug holes with mesh, steel wool or expanding foam.
- Rodents can get through small holes because of the occipital plate on the front skull (Mice size of a dime and Rat size of a quarter).
- Eliminate bushes and ground cover around base of home.
- Eliminate tree branches over roof to prevent climbing rodents to get into your attic.
- Normally will take 2 weeks to 2 months to completely treat for Mice and Rats. Rats normally will take longer to treat.
- Mice have poor sight and great audio perception. That's why they are always droppings against walls.
- Mice will operate only 10-15 ft from food source. Rats have a greater distance 15-20 ft.
Colder seasons create a migration of rodents venturing into new living areas. Homes are perfect conditions for Mice and Rats to invade because of the warmth and the food supply. The following are 11 strategies for preventing the amount of pest invasions into your home.