The Best Way To Keep Odorous House Ants Away From Your Riverton Home
March 15, 2022 - Ants
While an infestation might start out in your yard or driveway, those annoying little ants eventually will make their way into your home. That is why pest control in Riverton is so important -- because before you know it, the handful of ants crawling around in the grass outside have invited their entire colony inside your home, and they are scrambling around your kitchen counters and pantries. Read on to learn what attracts them to your home in the first place, and how to get rid of them for good.
Does Having Odorous House Ants In My Home Mean It's Dirty?
Some good news about odorous house ants is that if they are invading your home, it does not necessarily mean it’s dirty. These pests set up shop in your home for a number of reasons, whether your home is dirty or not. Below are some of the reasons why you might be finding them in your home:
- Access to food: Odorous house ants nest in your home because there is food there. Whether there are easy to chew through boxes in your pantry or crumbs on your countertops, most of us keep foods that are high in sugar, which is exactly what they are looking to consume.
- Other dead insects: In addition to foods high in sugar, these bugs might be invading your home because of the presence of other dead insects. Odorous house ants will eat other dead bugs so if you’re already having another insect problem, these ants are likely to follow.
- Moisture buildup and water access: Access to food, shelter, and water are the three top reasons they will invade your home. If you have leaky pipes, spigots, or other areas of your home where there is moisture buildup, odorous house ants will find that appealing.
Will Odorous House Ants Go Away On Their Own?
Unfortunately, odorous house ants in Riverton are not going to go away on their own. When odorous house ants nest in your home, they are probably there to stay. Since their colonies are massive, they are difficult to get rid of. Even if you think you managed to kill them all, it is plausible some will be overlooked. Without professional guidance to locate the nest and the proper tools for the job, you will most likely be unable to fully eradicate an infestation.
How To Prevent Reinfestation In Your Home
After having a professional treat an odorous house ant infestation in your home, there are things you can do to prevent them from coming back. Below are some tips on how to keep them away from your home for good:
- Fix leaky pipes: Locate any areas in your home where there are leaky pipes or other accumulations of water or moisture, and fix them. This could be in your kitchen, basement, or bathroom. Ensuring there are no leaks will help you not only keep the ants out, but other pests as well.
- Clean up the yard: By regularly maintaining your yard and clearing it of organic debris such as logs, stones, and stumps, you are taking away the things that make it appealing for these ants.
- Properly store food: Take stock of your cabinets and cupboards by ensuring all foods are properly stored in containers that can’t be chewed through, and clean up any spills or messes that may be in there as well.
How Can I Get Rid Of House Ants Permanently?
The best way to get rid of odorous house ants in Riverton is to call the professionals over at Tanner Pest Control! With over ten years of experience in the pest control industry, our expert technicians are armed with the skills and tools needed to safely and effectively eradicate an ant infestation in Sandy, UT. If odorous house ants nest in your home, we will provide you with a free quote and an ant pest control treatment that is 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Don’t let a few obnoxious ants turn into a huge problem -- call us today!