Why Carpenter Ants In Riverton Are More Than A Nuisance
March 15, 2023 - Carpenter Ants
Many ants are an annoyance at best, but carpenter ants are different. These pests bore into wood, similar to termites, and can cause the same types of damage. When you find carpenter ants in your house, you need Riverton pest control services to eliminate the problem. Read on to learn about carpenter ants' dangers and why Tanner Pest Control is the best solution for you.
Carpenter Ants Can Cause Significant Damage To Your Home
While carpenter ants are similar to termites, they don't feed on wood. Instead, they burrow inside of it to make suitable habitats. In nature, you can find colonies living inside trees.
They become a problem, however, when they move into your home. Any wooden structure, be it furniture or a wall, is at risk. As the colony grows, the more extensive the damage becomes.
Carpenter ants in Riverton are a serious problem, so don't hesitate to call our team at Tanner Pest Control. We'll work hard to completely and safely remove these dangerous pests from your home.
Signs Of Carpenter Ant Damage To Be Looking For
Carpenter ants can be tricky to spot since the colonies live inside the wood. On occasion, however, you may spot one outside of its nest. They're hard to miss; they have all-black bodies and measure 12mm or more in length.
But it's more common to spot the damage they cause than the culprits themselves. Be on the lookout for signs of carpenter ants in your home, such as:
- Unexplained piles of sawdust
- Discarded wings from swarmer ants
- You can hear a rustling in wood in your home
Detecting carpenter ants can be tricky, but our Tanner Pest Control technicians will take the guesswork out. We perform the most thorough inspections in the state and promise to get to the root of your problem.
Carpenter Ant Prevention Tips Worth Trying
Learning how to prevent carpenter ants from entering your home is never too late. Even if you're currently dealing with an infestation, knowing what attracts carpenter ants can help prevent them from returning. Here are just a few methods:
- Remove dead tree limbs and stumps from your yard: Carpenter ants in the trees in the yard are likely to target your home sooner or later. Remove these potential nest sites to deter them.
- Block and remove entryways: Install door sweeps and seal cracks and holes in your home's walls. Prune back branches that make contact with your home.
- Store your food correctly: Remember, carpenter ants don't actually eat wood. Instead, they are most attracted to sugars and proteins.
- If you stack firewood, keep your stack at least 20 feet away from your home: This is because wood piles are ideal nesting places for carpenter ants.
With over ten years in the pest control industry, we can assure you that our Tanner Pest Control team can identify how and why ants invade your home. When you partner with us, we're more than happy to share that knowledge with you.
Why You Should Always Call Carpenter Ant Control Professionals
If you want to know how to get rid of carpenter ants, it's no secret; you need professional pest control services. No one in Riverton offers better services than Tanner Pest Control.
Our four-part treatment plan targets and protects your entire home, not just the areas most affected by pests. We're so sure our methods are the best that our work is guaranteed. And because we're locally owned and operated, we treat every home we work in like we would our own.
Let's work together to solve your pest problems. You can call us today for a free estimate.