Expert Pest Solutions In West Valley, UT
The secret to effective pest control in West Valley is layered protection. Every layer of protection you apply is not enough on its own but it works with the other layers to stop pests in their tracks. Some layers you can apply yourself. Some are best applied by your Salt Lake County pest control service provider. Join us as we take a look at how this layered method of pest control works.
Residential Pest Control In West Valley, UT
At the heart of an effective home pest control plan is the science of pest management. It is a science that takes into consideration the behavior patterns, food preferences, and conducive conditions that lead to pest problems. Your layered protection will work to address these things.
- Proper trash management helps to prevent pest issues that arise from the scent of rotting organic matter, which is highly attractive to certain pests.
- Removing webs around your property deters spiders from making webs and can also reduce spider populations when egg sacs are removed with webs.
- Replacing old weatherstripping and door sweeps helps to remove routes pests use to get inside your home.
- Raking leaves and removing sticks removes a habitat that attracts a long list of pests.
Do you see how it works? These and other pest maintenance steps will not get control of pests on their own but they work together to reduce pest activity and deter pests from getting inside.
At Tanner Pest Control, we help you with some of the pest maintenance you're already doing, such as de-webbing and knocking down wasp nests in the spring. We also provide layers that are best applied by licensed technicians.
- We apply a liquid application to your exterior.
- We select and deploy baits as needed.
- We apply granular products for residual control of pests on your property.
- We apply mist applications to knock down mosquitoes, ticks, and fleas.
Layer upon layer, the pest control barrier around your West Valley home is established. The more layers you have, the more protection you have against pest problems. If you'd like to learn about how pest control can work for your specific needs and property, feel free to contact us. We're happy to answer your questions.
Commercial Pest Control In West Valley, UT
In many ways, commercial and residential pest control are the same. Your exterior needs layers of protection to deter pest activity and to keep pests from getting inside. Some layers of protection are provided by your employees. A good sanitation program is a great example. Many pests are attracted to unclean environments.
On top of the layers of protection you apply, your commercial pest control service provider uses the science of Integrated Pest Management to give you even more layers of protection. Routine visits from a professional will give you targeted pest control for the pests that uniquely threaten your business. If you'd like to know how Tanner Pest Control can help your business in unique ways, reach out to us for a consultation.
West Valley's Complete Guide To Effective Rodent Control
Mice and rats are troublesome critters and they are a great example of how layers of protection work to get control of pests before they become a problem.
- Rodents are attracted to yards that have lots of clutter. They use objects on the ground to help them navigate. Removing clutter can deter rodents from exploring your yard.
- Rodents can smell a dirty trash receptacle from a distance. Cleaning your receptacle can help prevent rodents from moving through your yard even if you don't have any clutter.
- Rodents love dense landscaping. Trimming landscaping makes it less inviting to rodents.
- Rodents love seeds. If you have bird feeders, mice and rats will love exploring the ground for seeds underneath. Moving bird feeders away from your home will help keep rodents away.
- Rodents need water to drink. If you have clogged gutters and ground saturation near your home, you'll provide mice and rats with puddles from which to drink. Removing water sources helps keep rodents away.
- Rodents get into your home through tiny holes. Using a caulking gun to seal those holes will help keep rodents out.
Do you see how it works? All of these layers give you a little protection. Together, they can work to keep rodents from getting inside. When more control is needed, reach out to us here at Tanner Pest Control for rodent control services.
Are Termites A Year-Round Problem In West Valley?
The most destructive termites in our area are called subterranean termites. One of the reasons these termites are so destructive is that they're able to damage properties in West Valley all year long. The good news is that you don't have to let them damage your property.
There are layers of protection you can apply, such as removing wood sources on your property and addressing flood damage, rotting wood, clogged gutters, dense vegetation, and other conditions that promote termite activity. These maintenance steps, along with routine inspections for mud tubes and other warning signs, will help to protect your property.
Unfortunately, subterranean termites are incredibly sneaky. The most effective solution, and the most important layer of protection that can be applied, is a liquid treatment in the soil around your home. This liquid application should be installed by a licensed professional so that your property isn't damaged and your barrier is complete. For assistance with a termite treatment in West Valley, reach out to us here at Tanner Pest Control. We have the experience and certifications to get this important job done right.
Recent Blog Articles
September 15, 2022
Hornets are dangerous pests on your property. It's important to deal with them quickly and safely. Learn how to keep these dangerous stinging insects away.Read More
August 15, 2022
Did you know ants can be a serious problem in your Riverton home? Learn how to prevent them from coming inside, and how to eliminate them for good.Read More